16 September 2009

Wow, when my previous exchange students told me I would be tired they weren't kidding!! I'm exhausted allll the time but I'm having a blast! I've been meeting so many new people at school it's hard to remember everyone's name. At school it's difficult because the kids all talk fast and the teachers use big words that I don't understand. Everyone at my school is so nice though and they help me understand everything.

I've been trying all sorts of new food and I like most of it. My favorite french food is still Crepes though! My host mom made me my first crepes in france and they were delicious.

The very next day I went to my friends birthday party and guess what we had!! CREPES!! It was a dream come true :D I've also made my host mom an "American meal". It was nice to have food from home even though I enjoy her cooking.


I attended my first Rotary Inbound Orientation this past weekend. There are 10 inbound students in my district. 6 of us are Americans.... ALL girls! There is also one boy and one girl from Japan and a boy from Mexico. We all get along really well and had a great day. We went on a boat tour of the Calanques and they are just beautiful! Unfortunately I brought my camera but forgot my memory card so I'll have to get pictures from the other inbounds.
On tuesday I attended my first host rotary club meeting. Suprisingly it was very similar to the meetings in the United States and I was very comfortable with everyone. I really enjoyed the meeting even though I didn't understand everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment