01 September 2009

Cold-Froid-Froua


Well I survived my first week and my first day of school! It was a busy week and yes, I am STILL tired! But I've heard that's normal for the first month or two even. I am having a wonderful experience here. Sometimes it is difficult to understand people, especially teenagers because they talk fast and they don't always speak clearly, but people are very helpful when I don't understand. In my family it is tradition to take a first day of school picture, so I continued that tradition in France despite the minor accident I had the morning of my first day. Let's just say I'm probably one of the very few people who could accidentally cut themselves with a hairdryer!! Hahaha.

Sometimes I find myself wondering how does he make that noise with his mouth?? It's so hard for me to say cold=froid because I say it like froua or fwah. It's funny because people have told me that when I speak French I have a Russian or German accent!

Last night I had my Welcome party with a few of my new friends, my Rotary contact, a couple Rotaract members, and some of Catherine's friends as well. It was a lot of fun and all the food was French so I got to try a lot of new things.
Today I went hiking with my Rotary contact, Jean-Claude, and his nephew and his nephew's girlfriend. We hiked to Les Calanques which are so beautiful but very difficult to get to. I definitely got a good workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment